HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
Getting Digital Marketing Manager’s position could be easy to think of, but a challenging errand to acquire. The toughest part in how to become a digital marketing expert manager is being consistent with extreme efforts. Not one, there comes several channels with multiple strategies to be mastered. Expertise in a single channel could be easier to some extent, but being involved in 7-8 channels is quite a big contest.
To be a manager doesn’t require getting a master’s degree but does need a professional degree with proven experience. Level of qualification required to become a digital marketing expert manager:
- 1st – Graduate or Bachelor’s Degree (Undergraduate possibly with creative mindset)
- 2nd – Certified In SEO or Google (Optional)
- 3rd – Professionally Certified In Digital Marketing (Must – Diploma or Degree)
Digital Marketing Certification would be the evidence proving your knowledge in the same field.
# HOW DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER MANAGES SOCIAL MEDIA – HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
Being a digital marketer a manager has to actively participate in all major digital channels; social media is one of those. Duties related to social media that a DM manager has to accomplish are:
- Plan a strategy for the social media content (two Separate strategies for Paid and Organic Engagement to be planned)
- Create messaging and displayable text matter
- Design posting matter by converting text matter into Images, videos, Or documents.
- Create a social media calendar scheduling posts – To be posted every day or 4 times a week
- Manage social calendar of 2-3 months in advance
- Build an organic audience on the social platform and let them engage with the matter posted
- Create an advertising campaign according to the requirement of the product or service
- Build targeted paid audience focusing on website clicks, engagement (reach, likes, and comments); attending events
- *Focusing on Lead generation and Brand Awareness
- Manage weekly-monthly budget of the company for social media promotion and advertising
- Regular management of all social media pages viz. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Google Plus, LinkedIn, and YouTube
– Be Good:
- Be good in Ads Manager, Facebook Audience Insights, Power Editor, and Business Manager
- Optimize website and content on a website for social media sharing
- Instantly haring live updates and breaking news
- Keep an eye on recent social media trends, tools, and strategies in the market
- Analyze social media organic audience performance and paid campaign performance
- Prepare weekly or monthly reports for analysis from social media and web analytic tools
- Interact with community members and followers to discuss launches, services, support, and issue resolution
- Assist speakers, trainers, or executives in creating content for Podcasts and Webinars shareable in audio-visual format
- Work with a broad team inclusive of Social Media Executives, SEOs, Email & Mobile Marketers, Designers, Content Writers, Digital Marketing Executives, Bloggers, and relevant colleagues
- Allocation of project work according to the designated person
Top 5 Social Media Tools Digital Marketing Manager Must Know – HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
- Sprout Social
- Tweet Deck (For Twitter)
- Paper. li (For Twitter – Create Your Newspaper By Sorting Tweets In Style Format)
# SEO STRATEGY OF DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER – HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
SEO is the major element of digital marketing. For every marketer to become a digital marketing expert winningly, it is a must to have a rudimentary knowledge of Search Engine Optimization. Well, it has to be basic for marketers. But for the Digital Marketing Manager in-depth gen of On & Off-Page SEO is a must.
Numerous objectives got numerous SEO strategies, and fundamentals of optimization have to be followed. Principally what strategy a manager should plan for SEO?
- Foresee the search engine changes (Google, Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Naver, etc.)
- Know the productivity of the product, service, or idea you are offering
- Analyze the trends of keyword and search query demands
- Set keywords to create relevant and high-quality page content
- Set required meta-tags
- Maintain keyword density
- Concentrate on readability for a better user experience
- Integrate Images, Statics, and Videos to keep visitors engaged
- Generate inbound links to increase pageviews
- Incorporate 1 external link within major pages and blogs for a better understanding of the matter
- Optimize content for mobile search
- Optimize the page for voice search
- Create Q&A pages to answer questions searched
- Participate in forums or answer or popular Q & A sites placing case study
- Structure content using webmaster tools
- Maintain SEO Score above 80
- Monitor SEO performance; Crucial tools to use Google Analytics and WebTrends
- Team up with 2-3 SEO experts allocating SEO tasks
- Create Split testing SEO campaigns using different SEO strategies and keywords for the same product
- Improve self skills and same of every team member
# ROLE OF DM MANAGER IN CREATION & CONTENT MARKETING – HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
Content has always been ahead in the race of marketing whether it’s traditional or digital. In each task content has to be born with extreme creativity, this would set an impact on the audience capturing potential minds as well. Excessive effort on SEO, Social Media, and Email Marketing would be wasted without Rich Content Creation.
For every executive to become a digital marketing manager expert it must create matter first, instead of only planning on marketing.
A buyer has a journey where he begins from Intending to Buy, Glimpse over budget, then Go through the product/service Features, Compares what is offered elsewhere; and ultimately decides to buy or exit. In this scenario, YOU are the one who could encourage and induce a visitor to TRUST your product. Neither SEO Nor Social Media can force one to buy; it is ONLY CONTENT that describes a product/service in a way that forces a visitor to buy. “The buyer journey is nothing more than a series of questions that must be answered.” – Analyst Firm IDC
Be a good creator before becoming a good manager. Ask a content writer to follow up on the guide if you ain’t impressive enough in writing and creating matter.
Learn how the manager should concentrate on creating and marketing the content: – HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
- Types of content: Text, Images, Videos, Documents, and Infographics (Amalgamation of Text, Images, and Statics)
- Research before you write or create the content
- Generate recent and in-depth statics converting into an image or plotting on an infographic
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Create exalted quality of the image to be incorporated with Text
- Write content for the website, product, service, idea, or review Optimizing for SEO
- Design posts for social media (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, etc.) Or
- Closely work with Designers and Content Writer to execute the outcome
- Enhance creativity to rule the content market
# MOBILE MARKETING STRATEGY TO BE OPTED BY DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER – HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
According to September 2021 global internet research, the mobile market share is 52.29% whereas desktops are 43.29%. It indicates that mobile internet users are more than that desktop and tablet. Simultaneously Google too is focusing on delivering mobile-friendly SEO content to its users.
Managers can play an active role in marketing matters easily and accessibly on mobile as:
- Create Mobile-friendly web content – Either it is automatically convertible or buys a theme suitable for mobile and desktop as well
- Optimize for Mobile SEO – Structured data markup
- Social sharing buttons for mobile site
- AMP for best user experience
- Create App – For easy user access
WHAT EMAIL MARKETING STRATEGY TO FOLLOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER EXPERT?
Before planning on an Email Campaign it is a must for a DM Manager to know that, projecting Email Blasts to get leads and conversion is a bad idea. What happens when email blasts are sent? Either it goes to Spam or the receiver unsubscribe. Rarely does it happens when the receiver acts on email only when an email comes with a great discount offer or gifts. Unnecessary and forcefully delivered emails may blacklist the domain.
A manager needs to accumulate real and long-staying subscribers. This would generate trust within the list and reduce unsubscribing.
- Accumulate subscribers online on the site or a blog
- Accumulate subscribers by extracting details when customers make a purchase, and probably before the invoice is generated
- Segregate Clients Lists Into 2 viz. Customers Subscribers (who purchased from your product/service) and Online Subscribers (who subscribed for product/service’s detail and offers)
- Segment Lists of all subscribers according to Niche, Requirement. Interest or Demography
- Create Highly Engaging Email Marketing Campaigns (based on Seasonal Offers, Launches, Tutorial, Reading Blog and More)
- Design and Manage Newsletter Templates
- Create Pre and Post Campaign Insights
- Report Insights Within The Team
Improvise if you Fail in the conversion of at least 10% of subscribers you sent an email to. Offer best deals for repeated customers.
Recommended Tools: AWeber, ConvertKit, ConstantContact, MailChimp, CampaignMonitor, Zoho, SendX, GetResponse, and more.
HOW DM MANAGER OPERATES CMS WEBSITES LIKE WORDPRESS? – HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
To become a digital marketing expert is it really necessary to have a basic knowledge of WordPress?
The manager is the one who has to grasp knowledge about every element required in digital marketing. DM manager has to know crucial tools and matters related to WordPress, viz:
- WordPress Editor
- Plugins (SEO, Social Share, Managing Codes, Sorting Content, BackUp, Forms, and more)
- Creation of Content and Enhancing Appearance
- Manage Widgets and Footer
- Manage Menu, Categories, Posts, and Pages
You may find it difficult initially, later it would just be a piece of cake to work on.
DOES A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER REQUIRE DESIGN SKILLS? – HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
Yes! To become a digital marketing expert manager, for sure!
Expertise and in-depth designing ain’t required but there has to be creativity and perfection in design; After all quality matters!
Designing what? Here, no one would ask you to design graphics elements, icons, or logos. This part is to be done by Mr.Perfectionist, which meant graphic or content designer.
But surely expect you to plan on design to attract clients. A contribution manager has to design the social media post or cover or blog images when required; or in the absence of a designer. This is one of the free options to go with.
If you have zero knowledge about designing, you got to buy ready images, graphics, and illustrations from Photo Stock sites. Well, this is another kind of investment that is full of waste.
The best designing tools managers can practice and create high definition design on, are:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Venngage (Infographic Maker)
- Pearltrees(Quotes Maker)
- LogoTypeMaker (For Logo)
- Fotor (Collage Maker)
WHAT TOOLS SHOULD DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGERS USE OVERALL? – HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
Winning performance in management and implementation is required to become a digital marketing expert manager. Essential and recommended digital marketing tools to be utilized by digital marketers are:
- Keyword Planner (Google Adwords)
- Google Drive
- Live Chat
- Google Adsense
- CJ Affiliate
- Google Analytics
HOW PROVEN PREVIOUS WORK SHOULD BE TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING EXPERT MANAGER?
The significance of the experience is honesty! Plot all of your previous projects those were successful and failures as well.
Segment projects into 3:
- Projects Successfully Accomplished With Its Outcome (Insights) – Reveal Strategy Used
- Accomplished Projects But Unsuccessful – Reveal Strategy & Reasons To Fail
- Incomplete Projects – Reason To Drop The Project
What Channel Projects To Be Revealed, To Become a Digital Marketing Expert? – HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
1. Proven SEO
For an Interview or as a case study, proven SEO needs to be disclosed with Primary Keywords set for the blog or pages. It’s obligatory to get a result on the first page of the result when a string is searched. 80% of your SEO results should be impressively displayable on 1st page. 4-to 5 words of long-tail keywords with high competition would be enough to impress the interviewer. Proven 2-3 keywords resulting in a better position would be highly appreciative and trustworthy.
Elaborate strategies you would like to plan on future SEO projects, that evidence eligibility to become a digital marketing expert manager.
Digital marketing is the field where you are supposed to talk less, instead, your proven work would scream!
2. Social Media Proven – HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
- Enlist pages, groups, and communities you’re created
- Activeness and frequency of posts to be seen
- Disclose engagement of audience inclusive of reach, comments, likes, and events (optional)
- Divulge insights into both Paid Campaigns and Organic Engagement + Traffic Driven From Social Media
- Elaborate strategies used for successful campaigns and failed one
3. Content Creation Samples & Designs
This is completely optional, still, if required, Unveil the following designs:
- Designed Social Media Posts
- Social Covers and Headers
- Vector Graphics
- Well-Designed Images for Blog
- Creative Infographics Designed
- Reveal videos created and live on youtube, Vimeo, or on-site
Being a DM Manager, if you are too good at designing then you could mark an impression within the team and organization as well. This could be the reason for to increment in incentives.
4. Mobile Marketing Proven Strategy
This section would clarify how smart a manager you could be. According to trends every strategy changes and changing behavior of users towards mobile usage is to be crucially taken into consideration.
You can turn smart in mobile marketing through the following: HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
- Amaze mobile users focusing additionally on the mobile design of a website or an app. This is because internet mobile users are more in the world than that desktop.
- Structure data for better search results on mobile
- Enhance mobile view of the site, pages, or blog incorporating AMP
- Integrate special social and WhatsApp floating buttons for the mobile site
Proof of Email Marketing, Analytics, Display Ad, and relevant can be served on the display table only when requested.
HOW DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER CAN GENERATE REVENUE FOR THE COMPANY? – HOW TO BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER
Revenue is generated in two ways either Organically or After Investment. A person has to be smart enough to generate revenue organically. This can be possible from the best SEO Strategy, Appealing and Informative Videos+Tutorials, Huge Social Following, Huge Blog Traffic, and Master Email Strategy. Well, getting awesome conversion numbers require a long time and extreme efforts to put on.
Every company has its daily, weekly, or monthly budget to invest in. Companies mostly invest in Facebook Campaigns, Google Adwords (PPC), Paid Video Campaigns, Advertising On Popular Blogs, Advertising On Online Newspapers, and similar. Organizations too concentrate on SEO, Blogging, and Email Marketing for free traffic.
Well, the generation of revenue completely relies on which channel is being used for the promotion of which product or service. The product/service you offer should consist of the required features and importantly demand of it in the market. Accordingly, suitable channels of promotion and advertising can be selected.
No matter what budget the company has set, a manager has to emphasize both Organic strategies and Paid Campaigns to acquire ROI.
Before you think of how to become a digital marketing expert manager think once about the query:
Why & How Do You Stand Out And Call Yourself Better Than Other Digital Marketing Managers, With Same Qualification And Equal Years Of Experience?
- Think 10 Steps Ahead Of Other Current Digital Marketers
- Explain Web Content and Social Media Post In Such a Way That It Defeats Other’s Content – Mention Infographics and Real Statics of Upcoming Trends and Changes In All Digital Marketing Channels
- Blog More About What People Would Be Searching In Future
- Focus More On Structuring Content with Clarity and High-Quality Design
- Create content calendars for timely delivery of posts
- Managing PPC, Ads On Blogs, Video Ads, Social media, and several campaign budgets
- Self-evident knowledge in researching, organizing (curating), and building-up engaging content
- Excellence in writing skills as per niches in marketing, manufacturing, consultancy, events, entertainment, and various
- Improvise strategy by analyzing previous PPC and Social Media post records
- Good in branding companies, products, and services from beginning
- Able to manage crises, negative circumstances, up & down metrics, and worse situations whenever occurs
- Smartly handle multiple projects accomplishing each of them before the deadline
Following all mentioned and mandatory points would take you to the top edge to become a Digital marketing expert; and a part of successful management. This is how you agree on plans to develop, follow and enlight on matters than can assist you to become a digital marketing manager proudly and efficiently.