There’s a reason why there are over 2 million active podcasts…
Audio material will become increasingly common as time goes on. There are now millions of listeners, but this number will grow in the next few years.
Launching a podcast is a beautiful way for companies to remain current and capitalise on this developing trend. The competition is still low, and there are lots of chances.
Podcasts are a low-cost, high-impact approach to advertising your brand or company. You may use them to raise exposure and knowledge of your goods, services, or issues.
Podcasting as a marketing tool has various advantages, including:
- Increased reach: Anyone with an internet connection can download podcasts. This means they may be shared with large audiences, increasing the chances that prospective consumers will learn about your company.
- Targeted message: Podcasts are intended to appeal to certain audiences, allowing you to talk directly to individuals who need what you have to offer.
- Low cost: Podcasting does not need the purchase of costly equipment or software; all you need is a microphone and some editing software. Anyone, with a little effort, can create professional-quality podcasts at home or in their workplace using free applications such as Audacity or GarageBand.
- Flexibility: Podcasts may be customized to any brand’s personality, style, or tone, from serious and educational to fun and engaging.
- Easy to produce: A microphone and an internet connection are all that are required for podcasting. If you’re currently creating videos, music, or other forms of material, podcasting is a logical extension of what you’re already doing, which means you’ll have more experience creating content for your audience.
- Faster to publish: You may submit your program to iTunes or other podcasting sites within minutes of recording it. It’s much simpler if you have premium podcasting software. As a result, podcast execution is substantially quicker.
Podcast Marketing Ideas
Even with all of the advantages, there is one major disadvantage: growing your podcast will be difficult. It requires a tailored approach and a well-defined plan that draws attention, encourages interaction, and leads to real conversions.
Furthermore, it’s critical to recognize that just because your podcast has thousands of listeners doesn’t indicate those listeners will convert into customers, i.e. purchase your product. Product integration for sales is a whole other sub-topic.
In any event, here are five podcast marketing techniques to help you get started and attract more listeners:
Feature industry influencers
Influencers are individuals who are engaged in your field and are regarded as experts. They may amass a sizable following of devoted fans. They may drive traffic to your podcast and share it with their audience, thereby increasing the number of listeners. So, find some of the biggest names in your business or area and contact them. Inform them that you’d like to interview them for your podcast. Many of them would gladly take the offer.
Distribute it across platforms
If you want people to listen to your podcast, the easiest way to do that is to distribute it across many platforms. The more places people can learn about it, the better! This includes appearing on platforms such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, and others.
Talk about it on social media platforms
It is critical to promote your podcast on social media platforms. There are several ways to do this. It is possible to share it on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. When you post your podcast on these platforms, provide a link back to your website or podcast page so that listeners can quickly learn more about your program. Use the appropriate hashtag. Attach eye-catching creativity to each of these postings.
Don’t forget podcast SEO
Podcast SEO is all about providing the material that ranks well in search engines like Google and Bing for keywords relevant to the subject or niche of your program. This is accomplished by using keywords that you know are relevant to your target audience and creating a website or blog where you can publish these articles with links back to the episodes from which they were derived on iTunes or SoundCloud. Concentrating on podcast SEO may greatly increase your exposure, allowing you to gain a large number of new listeners. If you want assistance, contact a top SEO company Facenob media.
Use social media advertising to promote it.
Social advertisements are another excellent approach to marketing your podcast. You may target podcast listeners, podcast participants, and those who already listen to podcasts but haven’t heard of yours. Use sites like BuzzSumo to discover what sorts of material are performing best for other podcasters, so you know what type of content to create next for your sponsored advertising.