GODADDY HOST – ‘ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS? PLEASE TRY AGAIN’ – WORDPRESS INSTALL THEME ERROR
This error Are You Sure You Want To Do This? is more common in a few hosting service providers, one of those is Godaddy. Numerous clients face and would be facing the same issue though they spend money on a domain, hosting, and theme; But fail in installing their favorite theme.
If you have got a bigger theme, make sure you fulfil Recommended PHP configuration limits as follows:
- max_execution_time 180
- memory_limit 128M
- post_max_size 48M or 64M
- upload_max_filesize 48M or 64M
You can go beyond these limits if your hosting plan is massive because for the starter plan you get 512MB or a little more or less, and cannot go beyond.
You don’t require Coding Knowledge, Customer Support, or the Creation Of a PHP.ini file. Just follow mentioned steps and resolve the issue in minutes:
- Log-In to Hosting Service Provider – Godaddy Account Login
- My Products
- Web Hosting – Particular Site Hosting ‘Manage’
- Cpanel or Cpanel Admin (of a site you want to install the theme for)
Or go direct to the ‘Manage Hosting’ (top-left) link after login; Select Website and hit the ‘Manage’ button.
CRUCIAL STEPS TO INCREASE MEMORY LIMIT FOR THEME – WORDPRESS INSTALL THEME ERROR
- ‘Software’ Section – Scroll down to the Software section in Cpanel
- ‘Select PHP Version’ – Hit the link
- ‘Switch To PHP Options’ – Click on it (top-right/left)
- Click On Digits Making Changes in the following:
Low Memory By Default – WordPress Install Theme Error
- max_execution_time :: Increase as required for the theme or set upto ‘180’
- memory_limit :: Default is 128M
- post_max_size :: Increase to 48M or 64M
- upload_max_filesize :: Increase to 48M or 64M
SAVE the changes you made. – WordPress Install Theme Error
Now you can try installing your favorite theme within a minute, sometimes it may take more than a minute if a theme is too large.
NOTE: Set size as per required for theme keeping total RAM into consideration.
For example, You are running a starter plan having 30GB overall storage and 512 MB RAM. So you can set a total increased limit below 512 MB (128M+64M+64M+Any another increment = 256M). Going beyond the set limit may not resolve the issue.
Several Themes – WordPress Install Theme Error
Contacting the theme author or support team is a must if you face trouble even after increasing your memory. Do ask about the required memory to let the theme install smoothly in a minute. Essential plugins may or may not work after resolving the issue. This is directly or indirectly not relevant to Theme Installation Error. But the same problem is commonly faced. You may ask to fix some technical issues related to the theme you installed.